Welcome to my Blog
This is a place where the visitors are confronted with their search for a personal touch and where they have an opportunity to get acquainted with a skilled expert, who has turned durability and tradition into a personal passion.
I hope this will become a valued and rich source of inspiration and knowledge. Please Leave comments and enjoy your visit. Please note text and pictures on this blog are Copyright protected.

Thursday 25 April 2013

HOLZWERKEN MAGAZINE | German Magazine for Woodworking | Interview with Woodcarver Patrick Damiaens

Patrick Damiaens
Ornamental Woodcarver


'Holzwerken Magazine'
German Woodworking Magazine













Woodworking Magazine

In the May/June 2013 issue of HolzWerken an intriguing article was published concerning my activities as a woodcarver – ornamental carver. 

Since many years, this thematic German magazine for ambitious woodworkers has been a national and international source of inspiration for many.

Comprehensive articles on crafting techniques for furniture, tips on woodturning and reports on creative, traditional workshops are topics which are covered monthly.


I’m not very photogenic, yet the editors at Holzwerken thought differently.  As it happens, they put me on the cover of the magazine, which is an honour and a privilege. 

This is already the third time this honor has befallen me. The first time, in 1996, I ended up on the cover of the Swiss Magazine the ‘Schweizerische Schreiner Zeitung’. More recently, in 2012, I ‘graced’ the cover of the Belgian ‘Z.O. Magazine’. 


I have to say, I was relieved that I ended up on the cover and not on the centerfold. That wouldn’t have been a pretty sight ;)


I wish you happy reading.

WEBSITE Holzwerken 

https://www.patrickdamiaens.info

No comments:

Post a Comment